Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Updates & Corrections 7/15/09

I spent over an hour on the phone with Claire on Monday evening. She had some good, first hand, information to relate regarding two earlier posts. First the post on the right. The lady on the right is "the step mother" whos name is vaguely remembered to be Helena, or something similar to that.
As for the rest of the people, yes, I had them correct but I was incorrect about the location. I thought it was Westfield. Nope. Turns out to be Cranford, NJ.. Well, I was still right about the houses. That whole part of the state has those "Dutch Colonial/Craftsman Era" style homes.


Now, for the lady below. She is Susan Archer-Beyer-Barry. Born 1867 - Died 1948 @ 81 and is, indeed, the mother of Angus Jr.. So, it would seem, her entry in the Castoral family tree is incorrect. Thank you Claire!



Now, this I never knew. Claire told me that our Angus's (is that the plural of Angus?) are actually Adolfus Angus Beyer, not Angus Adolfus Beyer as I always thought. Who knew? Well, he always called himself Angus so, I'll keep writing it the way he apparently wanted.

That's all the new information I have for now. Please keep me advised of anything that comes to mind about this.
I have everyone on the email list so you don't have to log onto the Blog all the time. So, you can either send me an email or go on the blog, click "post a comment" and tell everyone what you have found.

No comments:

Post a Comment