Sunday, July 5, 2009

Susan, I found you.


The hand written note on the back of this photo reads,

Angus & Glady's mother
Susan Archer-Beyer
Barry

The word "Barry" is written directly under "Archer" so I'm a bit confused about it's meaning. Was it "Susan Archer-Beyer-Barry" or was the author of the text named "Barry". I am also aware that we have relatives with the surname "Barry". Is Susan a connection between both the Barrys & Beyers? Wow... this kind of gives me a headache.
Note: I've spelled "Glady's" exactly as it's spelled on the back of the photo. I only met "aunt" Gladys at my father's funeral but I can't imagine she would tolerate being called "Glady".
Anyway... this would be my great-grandmother.
Somehow this picture doesn't look like it was taken prior to 1907, the year Susan was supposed to have died but, I have no evidence that she lived beyond that year.

1 comment: