Thursday, July 2, 2009

Castoral/Hanson Family Tree

It was raining this morning here in Pennsylvania. I have a lot of work to do but most of it has to be done outdoors. So I spent a good part of the morning on the internet. It's amazing what you can find when you really start looking for something. Even though the sun is out now, I'm so excited, I've got to write this all down.
I tried many Beyer names (Angus, Charles, Lillian, Gladys, Leslie) on several different search engines and finally (a dark horse) "Bing" turned up this link for "Angus Beyer". http://familytrees.genopro.com/Castoral/
Well, I thought, there's some mistake. I don't know anyone by that name but I decided to poke around. I scrolled down a list of names that are related to the Castoral and/or Hanson family and, don't-you-know, there was BEYER. O-kay... I clicked on that and found everyone I was looking for up to my grandfather's generation (Angus A. Beyer Jr.).
Of course, his father was Angus A. Beyer, yes, I knew that but I don't know if I have a picture of him. His mother's name was Susan... did I know that? If I did I'd forgotten. I have several pictures of someone who might be Susan and I'll post them shortly.
Here's where my understanding of the Beyer family stopped... but I've learned more.
Angus Jr's grandfather was Charles Beyer (apparently no middle initial) born 1834 in Prussia. PRUSSIA? How did we, as a family, not know THAT? Of all the disjointed stories that grandpop told me, railroads, sailboats, the art of compost piles, NEVER did he mention Prussia or any word of his grandfather. How sad... maybe he didn't know him, there is no date of death listed for him.
I'm going to hunt up the pictures and I'll post them here when I can. If I figure out exactly who is in the photos, I may send them to the Castoral family as well... if they're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment